Who is Flourish?
Flourish, a programme of the Grow Great Campaign, is a national social franchise of antenatal & postnatal groups that support, celebrate and empower new and expectant mothers through the critical first 1000 days of a child’s life.” Grow Great Campaign should be hyperlinked to the Grow Great website.
The first 1000 days of a child’s life (from conception to age two) is an opportunity to establish a foundation for children’s academic success, health and general well-being. Flourish helps moms optimise this window of opportunity in a way that is fun and memorable.
The Flourish journey is a journey of:
- Companionship, belonging and acceptance
- Nurturing our changing bodies and the little body (or bodies) growing inside
- Self-love and self-care
- Proud mothers, forging our children’s future
- Bonding with our babies
- Love, play and growing greatness
A Flourish mom:
- Knows what it feels like to belong to a community where she is accepted unconditionally
- Is supported to nurture her changing body and the little body (or bodies) growing inside of her
- Takes time to love and care for herself
- Has a clear vision of how her child can reach her/ his full potential
- Bonds with her baby
- Loves, plays and nourishes her baby to grow great
A Flourish baby:
- Is born into a community of belonging and acceptance
- Grows great in and out of the womb
- Has a future full of potential
- Feels safe and secure
- Is loved, playful and curious